Our Sustainable Buildings
combine beauty and conservation
Oak Glen PavilioN
The Oak Glen Pavillion, is straw-bale construction that artfully blends sustainability and function. This beautiful space (complete with commercial kitchen) provides audience style seating for 150, dinner seating for 96, or as many as 200 for cocktails and appetizers.
Our beautiful and spacious commercial kitchen is perfect for whatever you may need. The solar panels provide electricity, and water is reclaimed onsite using our grey-water treatment facility. Facility Rental Rates range from $100 to $125 per hour with a minimum of 2– 4 hours.
Thank you for your interest in hosting your event at the San Luis Obispo Botanical Garden. For more information about renting our facility see below or view one of our Facility Rental Packets.
To reserve a date or request more information, please complete the Event Information Sheet included in our Rental Packet or email email@example.com
Wonderful architecture and bright interiors draw children and adults to well-informed speakers, entertainment, meetings of regional groups, and weddings.
Our building is build to LEED Gold Certification standards thanks to the help of local collage students. Our building is designed to provide 85% of its own heating and 95% of its own cooling without consuming any energy.
It does this by using:
- Large double-paned windows on south-facing walls to allow in light and winter sun for heat.
- Roof overhangs to shade windows from summer sun.
- Rice straw bales insulation in walls and ceilings slow temperature change.
- Thick stucco walls, water tanks, and concrete floors slow temperature change.
- Clerestory windows atop the Pavilion to provide light and air circulation.
- Solar panels to capture the sun’s energy and provide most electrical needs.